[Fot] Crane Electronic Ignition

Dan Cronin adcronin at mi.rr.com
Thu Oct 22 13:42:27 MDT 2015

Folks
A couple years ago I had a Crane XR3000 Electronic Ignition installed in a DM2 (Feb. 1959) #40480E Distributor while the unit was out of the motor and rebuilt by a Mr. R. J. Sarama from Ohio.  I am just now doing final assembly on my uprated TR motor and was interested in using a dist. cap with “upright” plug wire fittings.  Found that This cap as well as the stock TR cap (side loaded plug wires) will not fit down on the body of the distributor.  It seems that the spring steel attaching tabs on the caps protrude into the interior of the cap just where the new electronic optical trigger sits on the mounting bracket.  Have looked thru the instructions that came with the unit and can find nothing that discussed an alternate location within the distributor that would allow the “trigger block” to be re-located to miss the interference…..
Anyone had this problem or have any advice you could share either on list or off.  Sent a couple of emails to Mr. Sarama but have not heard back from him….
Thanks, Dan