[Fot] Fuel Pressure Regulator

Barr, Scott sbarr at McCarty-Law.com
Thu Oct 22 07:56:07 MDT 2015

Excellent.   I was a  bit worried I’d have to make a side trip to Pegasus on the way to That Loooong Race tomorrow…

Scott

From: Steve Yott [mailto:tr4 at wi.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:49 AM
To: Barr, Scott <sbarr at McCarty-Law.com>
Subject: RE: [Fot] Fuel Pressure Regulator

Normally, yes!
-------- Original message --------
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr at McCarty-Law.com<mailto:sbarr at McCarty-Law.com>>
Date:10/22/2015 8:20 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: triumph fot <fot at autox.team.net<mailto:fot at autox.team.net>>
Subject: [Fot] Fuel Pressure Regulator

Question: is changing from the higher pressure Holley fuel pressure regulator (1-4 psi) to the lower pressure regulator really as simple as changing that cone-shaped spring under the cover?

Somewhere along the line, it appears that I got the wrong Holley fuel pressure regulator – the higher pressure one.  Adjusted all the way to the low end, I had 4.5-5.0 psi of fuel pressure.  For years, that was just fine with my SUs, so I just left it.

But now I have switched to a different set of SUs and they’re bleeding fuel all over the place (out of the vent hole in the bowl covers and out of the jets).  So I dug around and found that I had a spare Holley fuel pressure regulator.  And it had a different color spring (red vs. silver).  So on a hunch I switched the springs.  Voila!  2.5 psi.

Is it really that simple??

Scott B.