[Fot] Cracked Head

damys at charter.net damys at charter.net
Thu May 12 06:15:49 MDT 2016

	Started our GT6 Tuesday night to load it in the trailer for Elkhart
and heard clanking. Thought we had sucked something into the intake.
Turns out the exhaust seat in number 1 cylinder came loose and was
pulverized. Found a 1/2" crack between the intake and exhaust.
Remarkably, no damage to the valves. Lots of seat dust on top of the
piston.

	My head guy thinks he can pin the crack and overlap the seats to
repair it. I've probably read where this has been done before but
can't remember.

	Has anybody done this with success? Is there a water jacket between
the exhaust and intake? What are the possible causes for this crack?

	Thanks,

	Dave and Alex