[Fot] Cleaining oil lines, and Spitfire Oil pump specs Questions

Bob Bownes -Seiri bownes at seiri.com
Fri May 27 08:59:45 MDT 2016

After grenade'ing my second or third 1147 I stopped re-using the oil lines. I use re-usable Aeroquip fittings, so I took those off, pulled new line off of the spool, and made new ones. Probably overkill, but it got to be a habit. And it's not like it's the size/cost of Big Block V8 hoses.

The first time it happened with the Accusump in, the Accusump was rinsed out, flushed then filled with clean (but not synthetic) oil, set outlet down for a few hours, then emptied in that position. After that it got a screen filter as a Just In Case, even though there shouldn't  have been a way for contamination to get in.

After grenade'ing a few more 1147's, I gave up and sold the car. It went on to have a somewhat chequered life among FoT after that.

But this weekend will mark my return to wrenching on Triumph engines with the rolling into the garage of the GT6 Mk III and the prep for placement in my TR6 of a new power plant currently waiting on a stand. This one without 0.250 taken off of the head. :)

Speaking of Accusumps, if anyone needs an electric solenoid valve, reach out. I have a few bankers boxes full. Long Story.
Bob