[Fot] Cleaining oil lines, and Spitfire Oil pump specs Questions

John Styduhar johnstydo at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:47:42 MDT 2016

Bub, if this happened to me (which it did) and I suspected there was metal
in the oil, I would remove the accumulator and send it to the factory for
refurbishment (about $80 including new seals).  Even if I had a custom tool
to remove the large circlips at each end, the cost of just a seal kit is
not much less than having the factory do a professional rebuild.   You will
likely have to replace the seals as a precautionary measure anyhow since
they have been cut.   They (Moroso for me) will also run a pressure test on
the gauge and valve assembly.  Other manufacturers should have the same
service.