[Fot] TR6 transmission rebuild - counter shaft gears

Greg Blake gblake58tr3 at icloud.com
Sun Jan 7 17:24:20 MST 2018

I am rebuilding a TR6 transmission and ran into a strange snag. When I removed the countershaft the counter shaft gears did not drop to the bottom of the case. I had to tap on the counter shaft gear set with a brass punch to get them to move far enough to allow the input shaft and gear to be removed. Now that I have the main shaft out of the case, I can't get the counter shaft gears out of the case. I've been able to move them a little bit by tapping on the gears with a brass punch through the drain hole but I can't get them out. Has anyone run into this before?  Any ideas to get them out?

Thanks.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone