[Fot] GT6 engine block variations - TR6?

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Mon Jan 8 12:34:07 MST 2018

I weighed both blocks this morning, and discovered that the “TR6” block weighs about 11 lb more than the GT6-only block.  The primary difference seems to be that the cylinder walls extend about 3/4” deeper into the block to accommodate the added stroke of a TR6, and the related casting and webbing.   Don’t want the extra weight, so I think this block will go back on the shelf for the day I build a TR6 motor.  They must have made a running change at around the time the GT6 late Mk II or when the MkIII was introduced to standardize parts across the model range.

Scott