[Fot] Gear ratios?

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 15:41:13 MST 2018

Listerati,

I’ve been trying to figure out what gear ratios I have in the gearbox that came with my race car but don’t know how to  do the proper math. The PO told me it was a close ratio GT6 gearbox but one never knows until you actual check.

I at least took some “data” while it was out so I’m hoping someone can tell me how to figure out the gear ratios and if it is indeed close ratio GT6 gears or whatever it might be.

When the input shaft was turned one full rotation the output shaft turned the following amount.

1st gear it turned 1/4 turn
2nd gear it  turned 1 1/8 turns
3rd gear it turned 1 5/8 turns
4th gear it turned 1 3/4 turns

Any help on how I should do the math is appreciated.

Also does anyone know what happened to the minty lamb gearspeed website? It does not appear to be up any longer and I used to play with it a lot. Very useful site that now appears gone.  Waaahhhh.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)