[Fot] Oil line & cooler flush

Spitfire Racing spitfire_racing at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jan 3 06:45:39 MST 2018

Glen beat me to it! I agree entirely. Consider the cost of an engine vs the cost of an oil cooler and once you have those values in your mind; roll in the cost of a lost weekend – what do you want to risk? The problem with coolers is they often trap particles that can’t be simply flushed out with a low viscosity fluid. How many bits does it take to destroy a bearing? When you find out at elevated rpms it’s instantly a very expensive mistake.

To coin a cliché ; “ Choose wisely!” The cost of a cooler is cheap insurance. I always keep at least one spare on the shelf.

Russ

Spitfire #49