[Fot] TR6 transmission rebuild - counter shaft gears

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 07:04:03 MST 2018

Hi All,
I recently had to deal with getting a recalcitrant rear thrust washer out of the case after the front one had spun - I wound up making a loop of .035 safety wire to fit around the rear washer and looped the other end around a pry bar and lifted straight up. I was able to get the washer in a position to grab it with a really small channel lock plier and pull the washer out. Others already commented on making sure that the lay gear isn't cock-eyed in the case.
You def. want to double check the layshaft end-for this case when you get the thing apart.
C ya,Bob Lang
339-927-4489