[Fot] cotter pins

Barr, Scott sbarr at McCarty-Law.com
Mon Jul 15 11:05:51 MDT 2019

The great local hardware store that I've always bought my hardware from seems to be selling cotter pins that are of pretty poor quality.  They're awfully brittle.  Weak.  Ineffectual.

I can run over to our local Fastenal, but what are the chances theirs will be any better?

Fastenal sells cotter pins in steel, zinc coated steel, monel, and stainless.  Any recommendations about what is most appropriate?  I'll shy away from stainless as it's usually a little soft.  And I know nothing at all about monel.

Scott (B.)