[Fot] New TRansmission Lay Shaft Cluster

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 13:18:17 MDT 2019

Hey,
What's the word on the street regarding new big Triumph gearbox layshaft gear clusters? Is it worth buying new ones via the UK (or whatever)? If not, anyone have a spare 17-tooth layshaft gear cluster to assist with the cause?

I'm doing a customer gearbox and the previous "mechanic" managed to jam the thrust end layshaft bearings in so tight that they didn't spin. Scratch one layshaft. But then we discovered layshaft gear teeth that had black pitting marks - looks like the transmission had water in it at some point. There are "real bodges" inside this gearbox!
Regards,Bob Lang339-927-4489