[Fot] Snakes....Help

Nick Black vintagenick42 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 21 11:29:36 MDT 2019

So I'ml layin under an Elan, just feelin good that I got the snap ring off of the clutch slave cylinder so I can pry it out of the loop on the trans holding it in. As I roll out from under the car, I do a double take on about a two foot snake lookin at me! The snake's head is about 4” off the ground, which is what I deemed “not a good thing”. The sun is in my eyes and I cannot tell what kind of a snake it is (as if I could).
I recall that snakes do not hear, but can feel vibrations, I stomp on the ground between the snake and I. He chases me into the shop.The snake heads under the race car and disappears. He's not on the floor. I pop the hood, but no snake there either.
SOHere's where the help comes in.Besides a mongoose (as they're a bit thin on the ground around here, unlike nasty snakes), what can I do the chase the darn thing out of the shop? He's doin a good job of hiding and I just have visions of opening the shop door to a pile of newborn snakes!Humerous responses appreciated, BUT I really am lookin for some way the revert to my “snake free” shop.
If its not one thing, its anotherNick in Nor Cal