[Fot] Differential Setup

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 05:41:45 MDT 2019

Hi,
I just set up another TR6 differential using a brand new gear set that I've had on the shelf "for a while". I used the same method that I've always used and it seems to be correct. That said, I got to thinking that I had read on this list some time in the past that the setup for "oerlikon gears" was somehow different than what the TR6 factory manual indicates. So, I searched the archives for a while and found nothing (so far). I'll keep searching, but in the meantime - as long as I have the bearing preload, the pinion head height and pattern on the ring and the carrier clearances all set (including backlash), I'm all set. Right?
I haven't lost any sleep over this, so I think I'm okay, but I am looking for any feedback that I can get. I'm also looking for suggestions regarding break-in.
Regards,Bob Lang