[Fot] Main Cap Fasteners and Clutches - 1300

Brad Eells tr4abrad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:58:52 MDT 2020

Hello Amici,

Thinking aloud here as I have time on my hands. A couple of questions:

1. Main cap fasteners - ARP  does not make a main stud kit for the
Spifire 1300 and does not list their studs by size either. If you have an
ARP stud and nut set up, how did you order it? They have readily
available a 7/16"x3" bolt for direct replacement of the OEM bolt.

2. Clutches - the vintage set up in my engines are a lightened factory
flywheel, coming up just under 13 lbs with ring gear and a Borg & Beck
clutch disc and plate. I've run 3 race weekends with the clutch that has
been in the car for 43 years, so far without issue. I'm thinking I would
like to stick with the flywheel I have with a good clutch solution.

I know this one is a bit of a can of worms but have at it with your valued
thoughts. I'm looking for simple and reliable. I am not nearly as smart as
the aeronautical engineer that built the car.

I hope you are all safe and well...

Cheers,

Brad

*Brad Eells*