[Fot] More Stuff to Get Rid of

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 09:44:10 MST 2020

Toward the end of my racing career, I started using lightened Wrist Pins (Gudgeon Pins for you British.  Not to get too far off the track, but I always loved where the workshop manual describes the process called "Reaming the Gudgeon Pin Bush".  Maybe it's just me, but there must be a sexual connotation there someplace).  OK, back to the subject at hand....
My intention, of course, was to lighten the reciprocating mass in my TR-4 engine.  I found a guy in Quincy, IL who could have these lightened pins made up for me, and I ordered 2 sets.  By this time in my career, I was only running 4 or 5 races a year, just enough to get qualified for The Runoffs, and The Runoffs itself.  I ran these in both of my engines for a few years, then I bought 2 more sets to replace them in both engines.  These are the pins I replaced, and therefore, they do not have much track time on them.
Externally, they are the same size as the stock wrist pins.  However, the wall thickness is only .87", compared to the stock wall thickness of about .161"  Thus the reduction in weight is considerable, with the stock pin weighing 143.4 grams, while the lightened pin weighs only 86.6 grams.  Multiply that difference times 4, and you have a total reduction of 227.2 grams of reciprocating mass.  And the good news is that I will let them go for only $25 plus shipping.   Anyone interested?
If no one is interested, I will put these on Ebay in about a week.  Thanks.
Jack