[Fot] [Mgs] convertible top help needed

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 15:33:38 MST 2020

 I installed a tonneau on my 71 B a few years ago.  It's a tight fit, but I found that  by tucking one end of the top bows down under the rear body panel, then pushing from the other side, I was able to tuck the second side under the body panel also.  There is too much top material to ever get the tonneau perfectly flat, but I could get it pushed down far enough so that the tonneau would snap all around it.  Is your friend using the removable bows that fit right behind the seats, under the tonneau?  This helps hold the tonneau cover up so that the top material sticking up is not so noticeable.  Also, do it on a hot day, and let it sit in the sun for a few hours before you start.  Good Luck.
Jack