[Fot] Crank Scrapers?

Bill Tobin william.tobin31 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 15 15:54:44 MST 2020

Hi Guys I just read an article in Runners World written by an older
woman; probably 60 or so. We used to chase PR's : Personal Records. Now
the author says she chases PV's; Personal Victories. I once ran a 5K in
20:03 on my 51st birthday. 20 years ago. I'll never come close to that
time again but I still feel that "finishing vertically" is  a PV and
accomplishment in a foot or bike race. Even more so in a triathlon.

Same with the vintage racing: I'll never win a race but just being out
there with the other guys is still fun.  Also skiing: 30 years ago I
could ski with about anyone but took 25 years off. Life kind of got in
the way. Took up skiing again a couple years ago: can't turn 'em like I
used to but having fun. Name of the game.

Cheers Bill