[Fot] Differential Pre-load

Jason Sukey jsukey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 15:01:32 MST 2020

Hi Scott,
         Instead of the bar and weight method, I have a 0-30 in*lbs dial
type torque wrench I use.  For the spitfire/GT6 diffs, I use the book
preload spec you are using (no seal/new bearings).  The only "trick" I've
noticed, the static friction (break free) torque is always a bit higher, I
measure the actual torque to rotate once moving.

Jason