[Fot] TR3 Roller for sale

Henry Giffin hankgiffin at cox.net
Mon May 18 14:59:27 MDT 2020

FOT, another Spring project for someone interested.

     I am selling the former Abacus Racing BRG TR3 (TS57917L).  There was a
video of Mike Jackson and Bill Thummel racing at Mid Ohio posted here
earlier in the year.  Bill won the race on Sat but Mike took it on Sunday.
It has a ready to assemble engine and a non-overdrive gearbox, with stock
TR3 rear end.  It has 5 good panasport wheels.

     Abacus took a clean no rust street car and converted it for vintage
racing in 1991.  The SVRA logbook shows 28 races from 1991 to 1997.  Abacus
then took the engine and gearbox for their TR4.  The car sat in a dry garage
until I purchased it last year.  I intended to make a race car for my son in
law and my grandson, or even turn it back to a streetcar.  I have since
found some Turners that I think will be better for them, and the TR3 is now
available with parts.

     I purchased a ready to assemble engine from Dave Spiwak and that will
go with the car for what I paid Dave (list attached)

     It comes with a very nice sandblasted and painted TR3 frame.

     It has a New Mexico title.

     The car looks solid, and has a heavy sway bar in the front.  All
instruments are there, including an overdrive button on the steering wheel.
There is a small dent in the left rear fender which looks like it can be
banged out.  I have a fiberglass tunnel.  The roll bar includes door impact
protection.

     Abacus was very successful with the car.  More info and photos
available.

     Roller and frame for $5500.  Engine ready to assemble $5000 (pls see
attachment - I paid $5K, Dave spent $7721), and the additional below parts I
purchased from Dave ($535):

Fidanza flywheel $200

Tilton clutch $150

Starter $70

Auto Pro Rev Limiter $15

Detroit Locker $100

      I was quoted $1000 to $1500 for engine assembly by Abacus Machine
shop.  Car needs a fuel cell, tires, brake rebuild, and normal stuff done
after a car has been sitting.

     Car and frame are in Va Bch, engine parts are still in PA and I will
pick up or have shipped as soon as Dave can get home.

     So everything totals $11,350.  I prefer it all to go together.  Anyone
interested?

     Thanks, Hank

Hank Giffin

757-375-1491