[Fot] Fwd: Grattan race 2

van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Sun Sep 13 11:37:50 MDT 2020

[ https://youtube/pyhOVGBw3rg | https://youtube/pyhOVGBw3rg ]
[ https://youtube/ofR6plG_gwQ | https://youtube/ofR6plG_gwQ ]
[ https://youtube/WDfCc1QlbKO | https://youtube/WDfCc1QlbKO ]
[ https://youtube/6f57pyz9iiQ | https://youtube/6f57pyz9iiQ ]
This should be links to the Zandvoort races (The Netherlands) of September the 11th and 12th.
My friend Karl Chandeck drove the car all the time. He was very quick : pole position on a grid of 48 cars! But in the race he went off in the 1st lap. That was a big disappointment of course. We repaired the car for the 2nd race. He had to start from last position(45th). After 4 laps he was in 7th position. Then some bad luck came in : the spring inside one of the Weber carburettors broke and hindered the trottle shaft : the trottle stayed partly open and it was impossible to drive the car like that. We did 2 attempts to fix it. After the 1st pit stop, Karl could do some more laps and got the fastest overall laptime of the race with 2'00"490. Without the accident in the first race, he could have finished 1st or 2nd. It's a pity. Karl is a very safe driver, he very seldom has a spin.
Some of these video's will only be available tomorrow and if the links don't work, you simply can search in youtube with "Marcel Van Mulders".
Marcel.