[Fot] BLACKLINE LSD

Ponostyle ponobill at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:37:19 MST 2021

You beat me to it. In my experience Quaife LSD might be nice to have for some reason in a street car but is fundamentally useless for racing. Yes I’ve raced with one, no, I haven’t tried them again and I put the pointless one I had in the street TR3 I’m slowly building. The discussions here used to be Detroit locker vs. clutch style LSD, I’ve had both of these. If you don’t mind having the rear end do part of the driving, then lockers are fine, but I prefer to be nominally in charge.

In short, there are cheaper alternatives, ranging from welding, to a quick hand on the handbrake, to Quaife, to weird little devices that are 80 percent fraud, but there is no substitute for an honest to god LSD.