[Fot] Lever arm shocks vs. tube shock conversion

Bob Kramer rkramer56 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:28:53 MST 2021

When I got my TR4A it had sat for decades.  One of the rear shocks leaked
badly and I decided to tear it down and have a look.  It had stiffer
versions of the little springs, if I recall they were blue instead of
gold.  I got curious and looked at a couple of other set of old "racing"
lever shocks I had acquired and found that one racer had soldered the
standard spring into a tighter coil, maybe with a little wasjer to stiffen
the rebound a  little.  I only had one of those shocked so I copied that
and made a pair. They worked just fine.
Bob Kramer