[Fot] Question

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 12:19:29 MST 2021

 Thanks Tom.  I have the original transmissions from my TR-2 and TR-3 sitting in my garage.  I just measured the thickness of the flange and it is .360" on both.  I don't know what that converts to in millimeters.  I assume the early TR-4 was about the same, although the gearbox housing casting was different due to going to the fully synchronized transmission on the TR-4 (and some TR-3B's)
As to my original question, I dug out my factory parts books for TR-2 - TR-6 to check the part numbers for the slave cylinder support bracket.  Unfortunately, my TR-2 parts book is for TR-2 through TR-3A, and while it shows 2 different part numbers, it doesn't tell when the change was made.  So, I think the TR-2 and some of the TR-3's used bracket part number 106701.  At some point during the TR-3 run, they changed to part number 128042.  Interesting enough that same part number appears in both the TR-4 and the TR-4A parts books.  Therefore, once they changed to 128042, they stayed with it for all the rest of the TR-4's and TR-4A's.
The tr-6 bracket is completely different (it doesn't curve around the bell housing) and it is part number 136353.
So, that's all I know.  If anyone knows when, during the TR-3 run they switched to the 128042 part number, I would like to know.  Also, if you have a bracket which you know is for a TR-4 or 4A, please check the measurement between the top holes, as explained in my original email below, and let me know the distance between them.Thanks.
Jack