[Fot] Fwd: Lug Nuts - Free

Scott Meredith sonomascot at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 11:28:24 MST 2021

I've got some old rusty nuts also !!

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Alexander via Fot <fot at autox.team.net>
To: fot at autox.team.net
Sent: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 9:54
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Lug Nuts - Free

This comes from one of our famous FOT.

Joe Alexander4505 Donald DrCedar Falls, IA 50613The-vintage-racer.comGasketinnovations.comCell:  319.464.4711

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com>
Date: January 31, 2021 at 8:53:08 AM CST
To: Joe Alexander <joealexandervintage at gmail.com>
Subject: Fw: Lug Nuts - Free

 Hi Joe.  I've got a lot of old lug nuts I would like to give away.  Below is an email I tried to send to the FOT list, but it bounced back (twice).  I used the same email address for FOT that I have been using all along, and it has always worked before.  Can you please forward my memo and the pictures to the FOT list?  Also, do you see anything wrong with the email address I used?
I am limited to about 5-6 photos per email, so I sent two more emails with additional photos.  If you can forward my email, I will delete the photos from the main email and forward the additional photos in separate emails.
Thanks, Joe.
Jack

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com>To: fot at autox.team.net <fot at autox.team.net>Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021, 7:36:34 PM ESTSubject: Lug Nuts - Free
  Over my 25 years of racing, different cars, different wheels, etc. resulted in me having a rather large quantity of lug nuts, which I no longer need.  They are as follows:
.  21 lug nuts which came with a set of American Racing wheels on a race car I bought.  The condition is rough, but they might be nice to have as spares.  Thread is 1/2", shank diam = .685", shank length = .675".
.  16 1/2" thread lug nuts.  Very good condition.  These nuts originally had domes on top, but when I went to a longer (3") stud, I had the tops cut off and ran the threads all the way through.  Shank diam = .680", shank length = .750".
.  8 12M 1.50 thread lug nuts with dome top.  Shank diam = .680", shank Length = .750".
.  7 1/2" thread lug nuts, tops cut off and threaded through.  Good condition.  Shank diam = .680", shank length = 1.20"
.  6 Misc lug nuts.  Three 7/16" thread with dome, shank diam = .680", length = 1.05".  Three 1/2" thread, drilled & threaded through.  Shank diam = .680", length 1 @ .450" & 2 @ .730".
.  9 1/2" thread lug nuts, no top, threaded through.   Shank Diam = .680", length = .800".
.  20 specially made thick washers.  See pictures.  The ID is .695", and thickness is .180".  Any interest?
All of the above lug nuts come with washers.  I tried to match the type of washers with the type of lug nuts they would have come with.  These are all free for the asking.  I only ask that you pay whatever it costs to ship.  Any that are not claimed go the the scrap yard.  Again, thanks for your help in cleaning out my garage (getting rid of stuff I no longer need).
See attached pictures of the first 3 items listed above.  I will have to send subsequent emails with the rest of the pictures.

Jack Wheeler

fot at autox.team.net