[Fot] A-type OD leaks

M&M Hado mhado at att.net
Mon Sep 25 16:13:20 MDT 2023

Henry,

Sorry for the late reply but please see my post of last Thursday regarding overdrive springs.  I’ve seen the issue you describe when the problem doesn’t go away after checking the hydraulics or electrical.  If a “long” spring is where one of the short ones should be, it will coil bind and prevent the clutch from moving far enough to contact the brake ring fully.  It only takes one spring in the wrong place to hold back the clutch sufficiently to prevent full contact with the brake ring.  It may hold intermittently but will slip under load, or acceleration.  Be sure to check your springs for compressed length since they may be the same length otherwise and it’s hard to tell a “short” one from a “long” one.

Mike Hado

.