[Healeys] weber air leaks.

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Apr 18 10:40:46 MDT 2014

If you have an air leak the Misab plates/gaskets are not positioned
correctly. You have to measure the gaps between carb and manifold at
various positions, they should be the same all around.
Running without these Misab plates may lead to serious damage to the
engine, like holed pistons. Frothing should be avoided as this may lead
to a very lean mixture at high revs.
This was apparently the problem with the old twin cam MGA. The carbs
were fitted directly and solidly onto the manifold. Once this was
realised, not all that long ago, there seemed to be no more problems
when flexible fitting were used.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL