[Healeys] 100 grille shape

S. Carr britfan1 at epix.net
Thu Feb 14 09:37:28 MST 2019

        As work progresses in a new shop, we’ve discovered that the front end of my 100 was damaged much worse than we thought (now I know why the car had no front splash pan!)  And I probably made matters worse by selling the original grille—but it was minus a couple of teeth, so undoubtedly bent—and keeping a flea-market replacement.
        The replacement is also bent—not realized when I bought it.  The front of the shroud was pushed in at the right front—maybe from accident, maybe from being moved around in the prior shop for years—and we need a properly shaped grille to shape the nose to (how I wish Moss had the repair panel for that!)
        Photos of the grill are attached.  In particular, is the top of the grille supposed to be one continuous forward curve from side to side, or does it curve toward the rear at the top center?  With the slats removed there should be no problem straightening it—but to what shape?

Thanks in advance,
Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA