[Healeys] Intermittent OD

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 9 05:59:14 MST 2022

Richard,  I had an intermittent OD engagement issue this summer on my BT7.  I found that the bakelite on the end of the lockout switch had broken and so it was not consistently engaging (i.e. completing the circuit in 3rd and 4th.   I have no idea if it is the same switch as the BJ8, but it is an easy check to pull it out.  Make sure you save any washers/shims as the depth of the plungers is set up by shimming the switch.

Cheers, Mirek