[Healeys] 100 front brakes

Hank Leach gradea1 at charter.net
Sat Feb 25 11:59:28 MST 2023

Do you mean "wheel" cylinders and not "slave"...100s have a mechanical
clutch. I understand that on all model Healeys the brake hoses have
one threaded end and one flared end. That flare goes into the metal
line nut.
On the early 100 wheel cylinders they used an American AF thread but
switched over to the Girling unified thread on later releases. The
bleeder connection can be either in or out in shape (photo) but if the
bleed screw is flat it uses the check ball (supplied in rebuild kits)
and fits the recessed shape. The pointed bleeder uses no check ball.
Be sure that you were supplied the correct threaded hose...most
suppliers do not have the early style. Use Girling red grease on the
threads. Hank

Healeys"