[Healeys] Mating the overdrive to the transmission

Hank Leach gradea1 at charter.net
Tue Jun 20 13:13:20 MDT 2023

You don't have to disassemble the OD to put in the 8 springs and
cam-they are the last items to add prior to mating the units..
However, if you pulled out the mainshaft from it, and then moved it
around it's a good chance that the thrust washers in the clutch area
are out of alignment and that geartrain must be realigned before the
unit will go tight. Don't force anything-best take it apart and check
for issues then reassemble.