[JAGNUTS] Why won't it work?

J. Betcher jagnuts@autox.team.net
Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:20:26 -0600

Hi guys,

I have an update and a question on my MGB.  I have had the gas tank
cleaned and coated inside and out.  I have installed a new fuel pump and
reconnected the fuel lines.  A new spin-on oil filter adaptor has been
installed and I have changed the oil.  After having done this I put
about 5 litres of gas in the tank and disconnected the fuel line at the
carbs.  I then connected the battery in order for the fuel pump to pump
gas through the line.  The pump sounds good and I can feel air pulsating
out the fuel line but I cant seem to get it to pump fuel.  I tried to
back prime the line with gas from the carburetor end only to have the
pump empty it out of the line and pump air once again.  The lines are
patent as I had gas come from the tank side prior to its removal.  All
connections are tight and there is no obvious leak.

I am at a loss.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff Betcher