[JAGNUTS] Brits by the Bus - July 19/20

Tony Koschinsky tkoschinsky at sasktel.net
Fri Jul 18 16:45:57 MDT 2008

No air on the right bank is normal at idle.  Idle air comes in through the
Auxiliarry Air Valve on the left side coolant rail and is fed into both
banks through the balance tube at the rear of the engine.  It draws from the
left air cleaner so nothing should be going in through the right.  If air is
going in through the right, the throttle butterflies are incorrectly
adjusted.  They should have only .002 clearance, essentially closed but not
contacting so as not to bind.

It should have no effect on engine temp.  If the temp gauge holds steady and
doesn't go high at a stop, and move lower when moving, then it probably is
the gauge sender.  If it does move around, then you have a mechanical issue,
be it a clogged rad, late timing, defective cat or some such.  Maybe it just
misses that California air.

Anyway, congrats on passing the medical and getting plates.  Now the fun can
really begin.

Tony