[JAGNUTS] John Macartney Arrives NEXT WEDNESDAY

ENGL engl at accesscomm.ca
Mon Aug 24 21:17:02 MDT 2009

I just got off of the phone with Ed Driver ... apparently Scott is having
e-mail trouble again and could not add to my original post.

Ed confirmed that John Macartney arrives next Wednesday (Sept 2).  He'll be
staying here in Regina the nights of the 2nd and 3rd, and then off to
Calgary the morning of the 4th.  Ed or Scott will be sending a more detailed
update shortly.

It Tony and Donna can do a BBQ at their cottage on the evening of the 2nd,
this would work out great (who's in charge of bringing the turnip, one may
very well ask!).  DON'T FOGET TO LET TONY KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT BE BRINGING TO
THE POT LUCK BBQ.

We'd like to offer John accommodation the evenings of the 2nd and 3rd, so if
someone wants to volunteer, this would be appreciated.

If I understood correctly, Scott is arranging some press stuff for the
morning of the 3rd.  In the afternoon John will be visiting the home where
his father lived prior to The Great War.

We need a volunteer to host a swarree on the evening of the 3rd for John.

Scott's note will provide a bit more detail on where to meet John on his way
in from Winnipeg, and where we'll leave him on his way out to Calgary.  It
sounds like Ed and Scott will be escorting John the whole way from Manitoba
through to Alberta - I'm sure they would appreciate the company if you can
join them.

Ed also mentioned that individuals in the other host groups along the way
have helped John out by modest donations outside of his fundraising.  John
is funding the trip himself, and is likely appreciative of this.  If you
feel so inclined, a gesture of $20 or $30 would not go unthanked.

We'll just wait for Scott's updates for more of the technical details.

Bob