[JAGNUTS] John Macartney Arrives NEXT WEDNESDAY

Scott McGibney Scott.McGibney at irdinc.com
Tue Aug 25 11:58:00 MDT 2009

Hi all

Thanks, Bob for the legwork on getting things set up, and to Tony for
hosting the barbeque.

The plan for meeting John Macartney is to be at the Saskatchewan Tourism
information booth on the Saskatchewan/Manitoba border at 1:00 PM on
Wednesday, September 2nd. John will be accompanied by members of the
Triumph Drivers Club of Manitoba and the Manitoba Austin Healey Club. We
will do a photo shoot at the Border sign with the cars and drivers in
the cavalcade and then drive into Moosomin for lunch (18 km from the
border).

Proceeding west, we will head north off the Trans Canada at Whitewood
and roughly follow the Qu'Appelle valley:

I'm still awaiting final confirmation from the Winnipeg organizer that
the rendezvous time matches their plan, but let's assume it's OK unless
I send out a change notice.

The more the merrier for the cavalcade travelling along with John, so
please come out and meet us. If anyone wants to do the trip all the way
from Winnipeg, they are more than happy to have you, plus you are
invited to their barbeque on the Tuesday, Sept 1st (see attached
invitation and Manitoba schedule). Ed and I will be driving down to
Rocanville (just north of Moosomin) on Sept 1st as we have a bit farther
to travel, so will meet anyone travelling from Regina at the border.

The trip west to Calgary is still a bit more up in the air. I received a
copy of an e-mail that they sent to John last night with a couple of
route suggestions, but nothing final.  They have not yet confirmed if
they have anyone coming east to meet John. It appears from that e-mail
that John would like to depart from Regina on the afternoon of the 3rd
to be able to break the long drive to Calgary into two days (he has to
be in Calgary on the 5th to meet his wife, who is flying in from
England). This likely means that he will only be in the Regina area for
the evening of the 2nd and morning/early afternoon of the 3rd. I have
sent an e-mail to John requesting that he confirm his travel times and
dates between Winnipeg and Calgary. Assuming he departs on the 3rd, he
will likely stop in either Maple Creek (my suggestion) or Medicine Hat
(Alberta's suggestion). If he stops in Maple Creek, anyone that wants to
drive out and back can caravan all or part way there; Ed and I will
overnight and caravan John as far as the Alberta border before heading
back to S'toon. If he wants to go to Medicine Hat we will likely just
take him as far as Maple Creek where we'll do a farewell coffee stop. I
will let you know as soon as I get details- hopefully this evening.

Cheers

Scott