[JAGNUTS] Jagnuts New Member

ECSCCeditor ecscceditor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 08:43:57 MST 2010

Thanks for the introduction, I think.  Here's a link to the article I sent off
to the British Saloon Car Club of Canada. The J4 has, for better or worse,
become a project vehicle for the club and we've had four metal bending
courses. Making bits and pieces and then getting them attached. Couldn't of
done it without founding club member Phil Johnson who now does restorations
for a living. He's been giving us a deal on all his work so I mention that as
often as I can. The guys who come out do learn a bit on shaping metal which in
part is what the project is all about but it's also brought out people who
don't come out to any other club events. And that's been the most fun.

Here's the link, spread it around the nuts  Austin Article..
http://www.box.net/shared/4ktgayfqrm  . I can also include Jagnuts in our
newsletter exchange, we exchange newsletters with clubs from as far away as
Australia to as close as Calgary. From Victoria to Nova Scotia so we love to
send our newsletter out because people who are passing through when somethings
going on can join in..

Don't know if it'll ever look as good as the Sask Brit clubs Bedford but it's
been fun. Supposed to get some necessary bits from the UK once a member gets
over there and arranges to pick it up. Once that happens there's a chance it
will get on the road. We're getting an engine from Western Classics. and some
front end work from the Sports Car Centre (mostly the same as a Healey 100/4)
so in a year or two you might see it at Brits by the bus. But no promises it's
taken me 18 years to get one of my MG's close to finish.

Frank French
Editor The Open Road
Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club
57 & 58 MGAs, 68 Austin J4 (Projects all)

This is an exchange newsletter we ask that you do not forward this on unless
it is to further foster exchange.  Thank you