[JAGNUTS] Help Requested

EdB bratt at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 12 00:22:47 MDT 2013

Chris:

Howard should have given information on what happens under acceleration, or
deceleration, breaking and cornering.  Does the noise remain the same?  Is
there noise on one side or both sides?

Generally, if the  noise is a knock or rattle on deceleration, but not on
acceleration,  it is probably u-joint noise which can be caused by wear of
the u-joint itself, but can also be a loose fit of the yoke flange circlips,
causing end float in the u-joint.  If it is end float shimming could fix it.

Continuous noise, with no change on either acceleration or deceleration, but
is louder on one side of the car is a possible wheel bearing noise.

Continuous noise, but, loudest on acceleration could be a differential
problem, but knocking, vibration or a rattle are usually NOT caused by the
differential.

Ed Bratt
Regina