[JAGNUTS] Help Requested

Chris chris.treecutter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 06:38:20 MDT 2013

Well put!

On 2013-04-12, at 12:22 AM, "EdB" <bratt at sasktel.net> wrote:

> Chris:
>
> Howard should have given information on what happens under acceleration, or
deceleration, breaking and cornering.  Does the noise remain the same?  Is
there noise on one side or both sides?

> Generally, if the  noise is a knock or rattle on deceleration, but not on
acceleration,  it is probably u-joint noise which can be caused by wear of the
u-joint itself, but can also be a loose fit of the yoke flange circlips,
causing end float in the u-joint.  If it is end float shimming could fix it.

> Continuous noise, with no change on either acceleration or deceleration, but
is louder on one side of the car is a possible wheel bearing noise.

> Continuous noise, but, loudest on acceleration could be a differential
problem, but knocking, vibration or a rattle are usually NOT caused by the
differential.