[JONAT-chat] Sector 2 part deux

Trey McCay jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:12:04 -0500

Man, oh, man...today was a GREAT DRIVE!

Bill was feeling feisty so he put the top down for the ride.  Scott's
carburetor problem "vanished" for the day with the doctor (me) present, so
he was able to come along for the first--and most important--half of today's
drive.

I was successful in fixing my AC and still have no speedometer but the
radios worked to keep me at bay in "sensitive" areas.  Nobody got a ticket.
Whew!  We did find a few occasions to enjoy our collective muscle.

The "Plantation Run" was quite an event.  Words ill describe the wonderful
"olde town" sights one sees along this path while enjoying the twists and
turns of the river road.

Weather was perfect.  We stopped for a photo op and potty break at Oak Alley
Plantation.  Coming back to the parking lot, we found a bus load of French
tourists decidedly more interested in our cars than the houses before them.
I explained to the gentleman playing "translator"  (yes I speak French but
not that well) about the tour and he gathered every one around and explained
it to the crowd.  They were impressed and excited as could be.  That was
really quite a rush!

Then, while taking pictures, some Americans asked us about our "club or
something,"  so I got to give the whole story again.  They were also
impressed and one guy said that he would do it if we held a tour for GMC
trucks.  Bzzzzt!  Sorry.

Heck--one woman came up to me and after telling me repeatedly, "That's the
most beautiful Jaguar I have ever seen!"  was almost willing to get in for
the ride.  Shame.  She was attractive but the light changed. . .and I moved
on.

The latter quarter of the journey was pure interstate--making up for the
wandering morning's drive.  But we had fun and again, no casualties.

Dave from Houston could not have been nicer and is--judging by his Jaguar
shirt and pens--a true fan of the marque.  His itinerary was well thought
out, full of options and perfectly documented.  He even included a "welcome"
bag with maps and flyers for various attractions!  A good "plus" I will have
to remember for future runs.

Future runs?  Could we be so bold as to try this again in the future?!?
Well, I hope so.  It was a great deal of fun for all involved.  I can only
hope that more will attend and that we can find at least three people who
will try to make the entire circuit.  If I had the time, I know I would try
it and do so in my oldest car (speaks well for Jag).

OK--I' exhausted but will try and play with the video stuff for a bit.
Greg, what is the best way to deliver this stuff?  FTP?

Trey