[JONAT-chat] Accomodation

Victor Krisel jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 03:38:05 -0400

Fazal,
Know what you mean. Whilst looking at accommodation prices for the Toronto
leg of the Tour, discovered that when you go the hotel/motel route, prices
can be somewhat high. Much like real estate, factors influencing price
include the proximity to points of interest (location), the neighbourhood
where it is situated (location) and the demand for accommodations during
certain periods when large events are being held in the vicinity (location).
Of course, the type of accommodations have a major bearing since you will
pay more for staying in a 5-star hotel than in a flea-bag motel. Decent
bed-and-breakfasts can be had for less but are usually quite small and are
best booked individually and not on behalf of a Tour such as ours.

Will be posting some information on the Toronto Sector on the JONAT website
within the next few days, but for anyone considering coming through here, we
are recommending staying at the University of Toronto. The residences are
virtually empty during the summer months and meet the criteria of "somewhere
clean and dry to sleep in before driving off the next day". The location is
unbelievable, being in a serene setting in the heart of the city and within
a short walking distance of many major points of interest. Best of all,
price is Cdn.$52.60 single / $75.04 twin (taxes included) which includes
breakfast! Seniors get a discount off those rates and if we get more than 20
people, a group rate can be had for around Cdn.$35.00 per person. Of course,
we will also be recommending a "regular" hotel as an alternate for those
less frugally minded.

Victor Krisel
Sector Coordinator - Toronto