[JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #188 - 3 msgs

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:34:52 EST

Well, Mark -- I was thinking Fazal might like to conduct a tour right there
in sunny Australia.  But I know that is strong right-brained thinking and the
simultaneousness of it might cause the left-brainers to wig out.  I don't see
why the tour must be continuous.  It would seem to me that stretches that are
low in scenic attractions or interest could be skipped
purposefully,,,especially if they were in areas where folks hadn't decided to drive multiple legs.
Then plan on shipping the cat over the gaps or moats to the next leg with a
flourish and a drum roll.  I'll bet Bob could figure out how to simulate a drum
roll on the website to show the transition.

And we need to get a song written and played for the send-off -- like "The
Day of the Jag."  Remember that song from way back that went, "I was sittin'
with my chick at the signal, just waitin' for the light to turn green, when I
heard a rumble of a bad exhaust and a little coupe made the scene.  I asked him
how his overhead went and he said, "Fine!" without a doubt....I said, okay when
that light turns green, let's go and try it out!" "I said okay, I was feelin'
good, I checked my pressure and tac, I knew that once that light turned
green, that there was no turnin' back!"

Well, if half the cast isn't interested anymore, maybe you're right,  Maybe
we should just throw in the towel.  Maybe this thing isn't significant enough
-- what's the point if it doesn't measure up to everyone's expectations?  First
thing I'd do is change my expectations...and that comes back to the goals and
objectives of having the thing in the first place, and I look to the
Executive Committee to clarify and mold a worthy set of goals and objectives.  This
has to be important enough for people to make it high priority to spend time and
money to participate.  I'm still in if it sounds like there is some
enthusiasm and intelligent thinking out there.

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon ASC
'78 XJV12L