[JONAT-chat] Houston-Dallas leg

Sam Emrick emrick@us.ibm.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:25:16 -0700

--0__=08BBE4B4DFFB48EB8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B4DFFB48EB

Thanks to all who are *really* contributing to this. Realize how much w=
ork
it is, and how easy it is to just sit on the sidelines and throw in ran=
dom
ideas. Anyway.... having said that, for the HOUSTON-DALLAS leg, the pla=
nned
route is, in my humble opinion, rather bee-line boring and perhaps some=
what
non-inclusive. That is, wondered if there would be interest in a more
meandering route, through San Antonio, Austin, and then Texas hill-coun=
try?
Such changes could significantly increase Texas participation. It'd be =
lot more scenic and pleasent drive. On the other hand, it'd potentially=

lengthen the HOUSTON-DALLS leg from a 3-4 hour jaunt to a 6-8 hour
excursion, and I realize  chedules cannot be wildly expanded in such wa=
ys
everywhere. Just throwing out the thought. If there is interest, I woul=
d be
happy to help in creating a straw-man alternate route proposal.
Sam
Austin, TX=

--0__=08BBE4B4DFFB48EB8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B4DFFB48EB

Thanks to all who are *really* contributing to this. Realize how much w=
ork it is, and how easy it is to just sit on the sidelines and throw in=
 random ideas. Anyway.... having said that, for the HOUSTON-DALLAS leg,=
 the planned route is, in my humble opinion, rather bee-line boring and=
 perhaps somewhat non-inclusive. That is, wondered if there would be in=
terest in a more meandering route, through San Antonio, Austin, and the=
n Texas hill-country? Such changes could significantly increase Texas p=
articipation. It'd be a lot more scenic and pleasent drive. On the othe=
r hand, it'd potentially lengthen the HOUSTON-DALLS leg from a 3-4 hour=
 jaunt to a 6-8 hour excursion, and I realize  chedules cannot be wildl=
y expanded in such ways everywhere. Just throwing out the thought. If t=
here is interest, I would be happy to help in creating a straw-man alte=
rnate route proposal. <br>
Sam<br>
Austin, TX <br>

--0__=08BBE4B4DFFB48EB8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B4DFFB48EB--