[JONAT-chat] The End is closer than you Think

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:02:35 -0600

I heard from Hudson, the SC down Orlando way.  The SC's in the south in
conjunction with the registered participants have adjusted the route a bit,
and the Tour will likely finish in Florida this evening rather than a few
days down to road.

It's hard to believe that the Tour has pretty much drawn to a close, and Jay
has successfully circumnavigated the continent.  All the hard work the SC's
have put in planning the route, the events, and the hospitality has been
tremendous - an effort unlike any other . EVER !  My own personal thanks
goes out to all the SC's and their committee members . expressing it in a
simple e-mail just does not seem an adequate thank you.

I also want to thank the participants.  The people who came to the Tour with
their cars and camaraderie.  The Tour would not have been the success it was
without you.  I know in the 1200 miles or so I drove I met an awful lot of
very nice people driving some very nice cars; people whom I hope to have the
pleasure of crossing paths with again in the future.  (I also owe Barry from
the Okanagan some cheese which I unwitting swiped and will have to repay in
kind).

Next I guess is to get together an on-line album of photos, anecdotes, etc.
I know Greg has been working hard on setting something up that is easy for
us to use.  We also have to tally all the registrations.

Feedback is also important as if we are to organize another Tour in '06, we
want to make it bigger and better, and learn from whatever mistakes we have
made along the way.

It has been fun !

Bob England
'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
Route Coordinator
 <http://www.jonat.org/> http://www.jonat.org