[JONAT-chat] My 2004 Oregon Experience -- Chapter One

Mark Stephenson jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 07:32:44 -0700

Christina,

Either you are a prolific writer, or those pictures are HUGE (that would be
either number of pixels or lack of compression or both). You need to pull them
into a photo editor and shrink them down to a manageable size for the
Internet. Something like 800x600 max and reasonably high compresion. The
pictures on my page are each about 100K and 680 by whatever was a good height
for the view.

To shrink the pics, pull them into a photo editor and crop the sides to what
looks well composed, then reduce the width to something that fits on a normal
screen. A lot of people still use 800x600 so something no wider than 750 is a
good maximum. Save them in JPEG (.jpg) format and check the size. You should
be under 150K per pic, unless you have JPEG compression set very low.

Mark - AZ

________________________________

From: jonat-chat-admin@autox.team.net on behalf of SidPacks@aol.com
Sent: Tue 6/1/2004 9:47 PM
To: jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Subject: [JONAT-chat] My 2004 Oregon Experience -- Chapter One

Hello Folks:  I have Chapter One written (covering the first day) of my
Oregon Tour -- but it has 5 pictures in it and is 4.5 MB and I don't know how
make it easily accessible to you.  It is in a word document and I've tried
cutting and pasting the photos to make them smaller in size...but it doesn't
seem
to make a difference.  Things are kind of quiet as the Tour continues through
the northern woods and grasslands of Canada -- if anyone has a suggestion of
how I can make this available to you for your reading pleasure, please let me
know.

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon ASC
1978 XJV12L
Participants Chat List
JAGUAR OWNER'S NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
REPLY TO : Jonat-chat@autox.team.net
www.jonat.org

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]