[JONAT-chat] JCNA

John McEwen jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:08:19 -0600

Bob, I think you would be correct in making that assumption.  The two
countries do not have similar insurance laws.  Canadians can not buy
insurance from US firms unless they have established Canadian
subsidiaries.

This would not affect personal or vehicle insurance - only group
insurance drawn on US organizations and trying to be accessed by
Canadian members.  However, again, that wouldn't affect US members on
Canadian soil.

If the JCNA Insurance scheme were co-sponsored by companies on either
side of the border, their probably woudn't be any problems.

John