[JONAT] Meeting point for SF and "North"; was - JONAT - San Francisco

Jamie - JONAT jonat@autox.team.net
Sun Apr 20 20:20:02 2003

FYI, they (whoever's in the Group - smile) will be coming from the high
desert areas just before they come into Ron's LA Sector and then possibly
from the Lake Tahoe side trip which I know is shown on the map.

I'm only doing the Oregon coast because it's one of the most beautiful
places I've been, but then we all have our favorites, right?  I've actually
lived in Tucson, Biloxi, Chicago and Fairbanks and loved them all.  Actually
I've got the Washington State (Seattle) Sector but we haven't found a
volunteer for Oregon Sector yet, so I felt I should get the routing set up
without anymore delay.  I also want to add with reference to your comment on
taking them to the mountains ... While Shasta is really nice, the rest of
the area is kinda yech, all dry and dusty in North Central CA and/or miles
and miles of nothing to really look at in the mid-west-central Oregon areas.
Sorry, I used to have some relatives in Redding that I couldn't really stand
too much! <grin>  So I'm probably suffering from seeing that road too much.

Anyway you want to go is cool with me, but I would really like to meet up in
Crescent if possible.  But if that is too close or too far, let me know.

Additionally I should let you know that when they reach Washington, we are
going through the mountains for about 100 miles or so.  Around Mount St.
Helens and Mount Rainier and then near the base of the Olympics on the
peninsula.

Jamie Duffey
JONAT Executive Committee
http://www.jonat.org/