[JONAT] "Extra" seat availability

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Aug 2 20:26:02 2003

Jamie,

Well, I don't think we can "oversell" the tour. We probably should have
either an e-mail list or a forum for registrants. I'd include anyone who has
currently registered on the list or forum. If we use e-mail, I'd add an
opt-out button on the registration form. There might be a way to automate
it, so that as people register, they are automatically included. Another
addition, now that we have the segments pretty much established, would be to
ask what segments they are considering driving. Perhaps a check box for each
segment would be the way to work that. As people register, add, or delete
sectors in their plans, that would automatically trigger an e-mail to the
sector coordinator. We might then send monthly e-mails out to all the
registrants listing their information and choices and reminding them to
update it there are any changes.

As far as the open seat thing goes, I think we should have some kind of
bulletin board where people can post either "ride needed" or "vacant seat."
Keep in mind that those of us with saloons can accommodate up to four
people, so it's just a matter of posting the space.

One warning, I'm a great theory guy, not a good practice guy. The foregoing
is one of those things that is easily conceived, but I don't know how easily
it is implemented. I know that it could be done, but don't ask me how to do
it.

Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona
Jaguar Owners North American Tour (www.jonat.org)
April 15 - July 4, 2004
Visit the Pub for route discussions