[JONAT] Selling the Tour

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Sun Aug 3 10:32:01 2003

Another point on selling the tour.... I just visited the website and took a
look at our mention in the British mags. If I may make a suggestion, I think
the trip would be much more appealing if we listed the some of the exciting
places we are visiting, not just cities we are passing through. Some of the
cities such as New Orleans and San Francisco are destinations in themselves,
other cities would rate a ho-hum. Even then I'd note not just New Orleans,
but the world-renown French Quarter and Jazz. I'd mention that we'll be
experiencing the colorful Victorian architecture of San Francisco and
crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, the old North Church, the start of Paul
Revere's historic ride in Boston, The antebellum charm of Savannah, Georgia.

I don't know the details of other SCs routes, but I think we have to ask
ourselves what are the most well-known destinations for those of us in N.A.
and around the world. What are the things that would really generate
interest. Cities, yes, but we have to mention the Grand Canyon, crossing the
Rockies at over 10,000 ft. in Colorado and British Columbia. I'm sure we
could get some other instantly recognizable suggestions from other SCs. We
have to paint a picture of interesting places that people have always wanted
to visit and make JONAT and the camaraderie of traveling with other Jaguar
enthusiasts the one last bit they need to get off their duffs and go see
these places.

Another thing I'd include in future press releases is that, whenever
possible, we are going to travel America's back roads experiencing a time
when Mom-and-Pop stores called to drivers from the side of the road and you
couldn't see around the next bend until you got there. Twists and turns will
challenge the experienced driver who wants to push their Jaguar, while the
scenery that has greeted motorists for over half a century will delight the
more sedate driver. Mentioning Route 66, the "Mother Road" in this context
would be pique the interest of almost any car-lover.

Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona
Jaguar Owners North American Tour (www.jonat.org)
April 15 - July 4, 2004
Visit the Pub for route discussions

<snip>