[JONAT] RE: FYI

Mike O'Brien jonat@autox.team.net
Wed Dec 3 20:14:01 2003

--------------000904080906090507030005

 It seems complicated to administer with two separate fees.Will the
sector fees be rationalized so that there is little if any variation?.
Someone who drives six or seven sectors or even all of them may run into
wildly varying costs depending on how complex the arrangements are for
the sector.

If the CAA/AAA offer a discounted short membership will it come from the
overall fee? What about those who already have CAA/AAA coverage-will
that mean two possible overall fees?

This is a nightmare. I suggest that if a participant has their head
screwed on and their car may suffer a dilemma it would be prudent that
they have their own coverage.

We should restrict charges to participants to those things that are
absolutely essential for the group and can only be arranged by the
sectors or national leadership:

Insurance to cover all our liability
Advertising(where it will gain us sponsors)
Printing of critical information for participants
and   ???????

Mike

--
Mike O'Brien
Ottawa Sector Coordinator

Bob wrote:

>Mike
>
>I think we will see a Tour registration fee, and a Sector registration fee.
>That is, a Tour registration fee to cover overall Tour related costs
>(insurance, perhaps grille badges, etc.) and a Sector registration fee to
>cover maps, events, and the like.  No fees have been set yet (as far as I
>know).
>
>Any other thoughts on this?
>
>Bob

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
&nbsp;It seems complicated to administer with two separate fees.Will the
sector fees be rationalized so that there is little if any variation?.
Someone who drives six or seven sectors or even all of them may run
into wildly varying costs depending on how complex the arrangements are
for the sector. <br>
If the CAA/AAA offer a discounted short membership will it come from
the overall fee? What about those who already have CAA/AAA
coverage-will that mean two possible overall fees?<br>
This is a nightmare. I suggest that if a participant has their head
screwed on and their car may suffer a dilemma it would be prudent that
they have their own coverage. <br>
We should restrict charges to participants to those things that are
absolutely essential for the group and can only be arranged by the
sectors or national leadership:<br>
Insurance to cover all our liability<br>
Advertising(where it will gain us sponsors)<br>
Printing of critical information for participants<br>
and&nbsp;&nbsp; ???????<br>
Mike<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Mike O'Brien
Ottawa Sector Coordinator
Jaguar Owner's North America Tour (Jonat)
Bob wrote:<br>
 cite="midAIEKJFGJMEEHHMGNJOMKKEGKCMAA.engl@accesscomm.ca">
  <pre wrap="">Mike

I think we will see a Tour registration fee, and a Sector registration fee.
That is, a Tour registration fee to cover overall Tour related costs
(insurance, perhaps grille badges, etc.) and a Sector registration fee to
cover maps, events, and the like.  No fees have been set yet (as far as I
know).

Any other thoughts on this?

Bob

I am prepared to approach CAA headquarters in Ottawa but I am not up to
speed on  registration. Are we talking about one  fee for the entire
tour, one fee for each sector or what? And if any of the above apply
what amount has been set and to whom is it paid?

--
Mike O'Brien
Ottawa Sector Coordinator
Jaguar Owner's North America Tour (Jonat)
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.jonat.org">http://www.jonat.org</a>

Bob wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">This would be a great idea ... we might offer a small degree of free