[JONAT] RE: FYI

Dr Gregory Andrachuk jonat@autox.team.net
Wed Dec 3 21:39:01 2003

--Boundary_(ID_RkDaGR2bsw1Z/zqlIUJyNg)

Mike: I agree completely. The more complicated this becomes, the less fun it is. The more expensive we make this, the fewer will participate. There are hotel fees, meals, etc. that every participant must count on. Hotel reates will vary widely. In Victoria it will be $129 Canadian (that is about $100 US) - one reason I wanted a shorter stay here.
    JONAT should be charging only the absolute minimum needed. Let the participant loook after his own car (with appropriate guidance for service etc. from sector coordinators). If we go much further along this road we will be asking for a fee for health insurance too. Come to think of it, each participant, if travelling out of his own area, should arrange for out of province or out of country health insurance; that is especially important for Canadian travelling in the US.
    So on the registration page, perhaps we should have a list of very strong recommendations: 1) proper preparation of the cars: coolant hoses, fuel hoses, etc.,  2)CAA/AAA membership in case of breakdown, 3) extra health insurance 4) what else?
                                Gregory

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike O'Brien
  To: jonat@autox.team.net
  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 7:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [JONAT] RE: FYI

   It seems complicated to administer with two separate fees.Will the sector fees be rationalized so that there is little if any variation?. Someone who drives six or seven sectors or even all of them may run into wildly varying costs depending on how complex the arrangements are for the sector.

  If the CAA/AAA offer a discounted short membership will it come from the overall fee? What about those who already have CAA/AAA coverage-will that mean two possible overall fees?

  This is a nightmare. I suggest that if a participant has their head screwed on and their car may suffer a dilemma it would be prudent that they have their own coverage.

  We should restrict charges to participants to those things that are absolutely essential for the group and can only be arranged by the sectors or national leadership:

  Insurance to cover all our liability
  Advertising(where it will gain us sponsors)
  Printing of critical information for participants
  and   ???????

  Mike

--
Mike O'Brien
Ottawa Sector Coordinator

  Bob wrote:

Mike

I think we will see a Tour registration fee, and a Sector registration fee.
That is, a Tour registration fee to cover overall Tour related costs
(insurance, perhaps grille badges, etc.) and a Sector registration fee to
cover maps, events, and the like.  No fees have been set yet (as far as I
know).

Any other thoughts on this?

Bob